This page should inform the users about:
- What personal data is collected
- How and why personal data is collected
- Transfer of personal data outside the European Union
- Information that we share
- Data protection
- Transparency and choice
- What we do to protect data
- Accessing and updating personal data
- Cooperation with regulatory authorities
- Your rights
- Changes and Updates
- Our contact information
We work hard to be compliant with GDPR and to preserve the safety of your personal data.
- What information we collect and why.
- How this information is used.
- What options are available for you to access, update or change your information.
When you share us your data, you are giving us the responsibility to treat it as truthfully as possible. We try to be as explicit as possible, but if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Your privacy and satisfaction with our services is extremely important to us.
1 – What personal data is collected
Free Ride Spirit tries to collect information in a non-intrusive way so our users can enjoy our services at its best. When you sign up in one of our forms, we collect the information that you provide us.
By making your data available on a voluntary basis, you are helping us to give you better and more detailed content.
This personal information, such as your name, email address and country of residence, is used to create your profile in our database so that we can contact you legitimately for business purposes, order processing, purchase history or marketing, depending on your relationship with Free Ride Spirit and on your preferences.
2 – How and why personal data is collected
Information collected by Free Ride Spirit is used to make updated and customized content based on your preferences. Your email also allows us to view your communication history with our company, making it easier to solve any issues that may arise.
We collect information provided through cookies and other technologies to enhance user experience. We use tools to analyze traffic and performance of our website, study our audience and conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis.
3 – Transfer of personal data outside the European Union
User data may be transferred outside the European Union when, according to the terms set out in Article 49º of the General Data Protection Regulation:
- It is necessary for the execution of some type of contract between the holder of the data and the person responsible for its treatment;
- It is necessary or legally required for the protection of an important public interest, for the declaration or exercise/defense of a right in a judicial process.
4 – Information that we share
Free Ride Spirit does not share your personal information with external entities, companies or individuals, except for:
- With consent: We will only share a user’s personal information if he or she agrees to share it, in an affirmative, free and explicit way.
- For legal reasons: We will share information with organizations, companies or individuals outside Free Ride Spirit provided that the collection of such information by third parties is in good faith and that such information is solely and exclusively used for:
- Compliance with the law and legal processes.
- Investigations of possible violations of user rights.
- Detecting fraud or security breaches and solving technical problems.
- Protect user data according to their rights, as required or permitted by law.
Free Ride Spirit safeguards the right to subcontract services to fulfill its purpose and mission. We insure all data transaction is made securely in order to avoid possible breaches. All transactional data is made to guarantee the above mentioned needs.
5 – Data protection
All data collected by Free Ride Spirit relating to customers is stored in our systems according to the articles provided in the portuguese law.
6 – Transparency and choice
Each user has different concerns and interests inherent to their privacy. We work to be fully transparent with the information that we collect from you and its purpose. In order for each user to be able to access this information freely, you can:
- Review and, if necessary, update your personal information.
- Edit your preferences regarding our services.
- Delete all your data.
We are dedicated to enable the user to change or delete their data if their information is not updated. We will not delete your personal information if it is necessary for legal or commercial legitimate purposes.
You may, at any time, change your browser settings in order to block cookies related to our services. However, it is important to note that browsing may not work properly with cookies disabled.
7 – What we do to protect data
We tend to our online security to be able to protect our users and to fight against online threats, that may eventually compromise the data we deal with.
Thus, we adopt protection measures that are regularly reviewed to maintain the safety of navigation. As threats become more and more recurring, it is important to work continuously on these measures. Likewise, we ask our users to take precautions of their own, to ensure that they do not expose themselves to viruses that could damage the devices.
We use HTTPS and Transport Layer Security to ensure your security.
Through HTTPS and Transport Layer Security encryption made to our services, we protect you from potential threats.
The collection of information and data processing is limited to a number of people in order to safeguard possible unauthorized access and compromise of the system.
In order to avoid unlawful disclosure of data, we restrict our employees access to the data that we have in our possession.
Cookies correspond to a set of characters sent to your computer when you visit our website, which, in turn, collect this information allowing your browser to be recognized. This ensures that any information does not allow us to identify a specific person.
The programs that we use to collect this information store cookies. At any time, the user is free to accept or reject the collection of cookies and change the settings of his browser. However, some features may not work correctly when disabled.
At no time will Free Ride Spirit collects data or information from the website that will allow to personally identify a particular user. If at any time, personal information is collected and identified through our website, it is our responsibility to inform our users that certain data is being collected and for what purpose they will be used.
9 – Accessing and updating personal data
Whenever you use our services, our goal is that you always have access to your personal information. We collect your information so that we can communicate with you through relevant and interesting content that meets your needs.
By managing your preferences, it is you who has the power to decide which data can be used and for what purpose.The user becomes the center of everything we do.
You may change, update or even cease us from using your data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will reply to you within a reasonable period of time. Even after your information is updated by our team, it is possible that, between updates, certain residual information remains in our files, databases or backups.
10 – Cooperation with regulatory authorities
11 – Your Rights
The use of our services complies with the General Data Protection Regulation.
As a user, you are covered by the following rights:
- The right to be informed – all organisations must be completely transparent in how they are using personal data (personal data may include data such as a work email and work mobile if they are specific to an individual).
- The right of access – individuals will have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- The right of rectification – individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this refers to an individual’s right to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- The right to restrict processing – an individual’s right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- The right to data portability – this allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- The right to object – in certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used. This includes, if a company uses personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling – the GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For example, individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them, or is based on automated processing.
12 – Changes and Updates
13 – Our contact information
Supervision is consistently conducted to ensure that our service policy complies with new data protection regulations. However, if at any time you feel that your data is susceptible to some kind of threat or security breach and your privacy is at risk, please contact us by email at email@example.com or write us at:
Rua Infanta Dª Maria, 231 | 4050-350 Porto, Portugal
We will answer your concerns or questions as soon as possible after your request has been formally received.
In situations where you wish to cancel your subscription related to our services, all your information will be deleted from our systems being impossible to have access to them in the future.
Your information will be retained and impossible to delete if, in order to comply with legitimate contracts or legal purposes, it is necessary to maintain it in a database.